FFP has extensive experience assisting in civil litigation matters that require the quantification of financial damages or financial losses. Our approach is to ensure that our reports are not only accurate and insightful but also reasonable and capable of withstanding scrutiny in a court, if required. Confident expert witnesses, we are proud of our ability to articulate our findings in a clear and credible manner.
FFP’s experience includes:
- Assistance in establishing the basis for an actionable claim.
- Assistance in establishing potential areas of loss (i.e. heads of damage).
- Identification of key documents required to complete the analysis (used in the preparation of the Affidavit of Documents or to request documents from the opposing counsel).
- Assistance in developing lines of questioning for the Examination for Discovery.
- Industry research and analysis.
- Quantitative analysis.
- Preparation of an opinion report outlining our analyses and conclusions.
- Review of the opposing expert's report including the preparation of a formal written critique.
- Assistance in assessing settlement offers (from a financial perspective).
- Provision of expert testimony at trial.
- Preparing demonstrative evidence for trial.
- Assistance in preparing lines of questioning for the cross examination of the opposing expert at trial.
FFP is particularly experienced in matters involving alleged wrongdoing, such as the alleged breach of a contract, active shareholders allegedly receiving improper personal benefits, individuals colluding to take advantage of companies or the government, and assets and income being concealed from former spouses or joint venture partners.
- Breach of contract
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Complex commercial damages
- Shareholder oppression & appraisal remedies
- Matrimonial disputes and family law matters
- Construction disputes
- Accounting Negligence
- Professional misconduct
- Product liability
- Lender liability
- Predatory pricing and dumping
- International trade disputes
- Insurance claims
- NAFTA claims
- Personal injury and wrongful death
- Medical malpractice
- Constructive dismissal
FFP is also noted for its ability to assist with:
- Assessing damage issues in proposed class actions
- Evaluating auditor/accountant performance
A manufacturer recalled all production using raw materials from a new supplier because the raw materials did not meet required specifications.
FFP was retained prior to issuance of the Statement of Claim to assist counsel and the plaintiff in identifying potential areas of loss and documentation requirements.
Subsequently, FFP quantified economic losses including out-of-pocket costs (hard costs and soft costs), unabsorbed overhead allocations, loss of profit (past loss and future loss) and costs associated with efforts at mitigation. We also contacted purchasers and documented the loss of future revenue based on witness statements from the largest customers.
We prepared a detailed report outlining our opinion on the plaintiff’s economic loss. The matter settled favourably to the plaintiff prior to going to trial.
If you would like to learn more about our qualifications and experience in this area please contact us at any time.